So… I was checking my blog one day and after 1 week of 0 views (Sad face) I saw that I had like 25 views out of the blue!!! I’m like, ummmmm… did I miss something? I glanced to the side and noticed I also had a comment from A Pinterest Addict! This is what it said ;o)
“Oh my! I hope that a design consultation is the prize, cause Honey, I could use it! Oh, and by the way, I just nominated your blog for a Liebster Blog Award! “
Eliesa, who is an admitted Pinterest addict, just like myself, was awesome enough to say some very nice things about my little ‘ole blog!
“Diana is a createaholic – sounds like a girl after my own heart! She has a degree in Interior Design and she’s just starting her own company. I think she might have to come on over and help me figure out my design mess! And I can’t wait to find out what her Naughty Banana page is going to be about…”
I want her to know how much I appreciate her words as well as the exposure she has given me for nominating me for this award! I had actually stopped by her blog a few weeks earlier because of a post I saw on, yes… you guessed it, Pinterest! It was about taking and old upholstered chair and transforming it with fabric paint! I’m still searching every Goodwill for a piece of furniture to try it out on! lol ;o) Anywho, I’d like to return the favor so Eliesa, you are officially nominated! Whooo Hoooo! Thank you so much again! In addition, below is a list of some of my own favorite blogs that I’d like to nominate along with what a Leibster Award actually is!
Liebster Award: “Liebster is a German word, meaning dearest or beloved, but it can also mean favorite. The idea behind the Liebster Blog Award is that it is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers in order to create new connections and bring attention to these wonderful blogs.”
1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the Internet – other bloggers.
5. And best of all – have fun and spread the karma!
Here are my 5 nominees!
1. Fierce Foodie I’m pretty sure Zina has put one or both of her feet into every dish she has made! lol ;o) Her blatent passion for food parallels with my love for design and crafting. Every post leaves my mouth watering and eager to try out the recipe, especially the ones with bananas!!!
2. Fashion Climax: RaShawn is fashion. Fresh out of design school he packed up his things and headed straight for New York to work with none other than BETSY JOHNSON!!! OMG! Soooo jealous and so proud of him ) I’m patiently waiting for the day I get to wear HIS clothes. Speed over to his blog and check it out now!!!
3. It’s Honestly Nothing: Laurie-Anna is beautiful, witty, and in your face. (Which is why I love her ) Hey LaLa!!! I love reading her take on current events and whatever it is that’s bugging her or making her happy at the moment. She has such a unique since of humor and point of view. I’m sure you will love her as well!
3. Declaration of Style: I personally have never met Shelly but we have a mutual friend on Facebook which is how I came across her blog. Shelly has a very on point sense of style. I find her to be extremely classy but with just enough edge to make you look twice. If you are looking to change up your style or add to what you currently love you should definitely check out her blog.
4. A Pinterest Addict – Eliesa. My new love! lol ) We should totally start P.A. (Pinner’s Anonymous) I love that she loves to take not so beautiful things and make them lovely again as she transforms her home. On a budget! It’s funny that I’m doing the same thing right now! If you like the same you should check out some of her projects and try them out yourself especially this one!!! I’m still looking for the perfect piece to try it on!
5. Fork and Beans First of all, I LOVE the name. I’m not quite sure how many followers she has but judging from her likes, a few more couldn’t hurt! I found Cara through you know what, lol. I just found out that I must stay far away from dairy, wheat, and gluten (among other things) and her blog is a life saver!! She has tons of gluten free and vegan recipes that will help my transition much easier! And did I mention I LOVE the name!!!
Please check out all of these awesome blogs! It completely made my day to know that people outside of my FB friends, business associates, and family were being exposed to and appreciating my blog! I honestly enjoy the above blogs and some of them happen to be close friends of mine so it would make me smile to know I sent them some traffic! While you’re there, why not drop ‘em a line as well!
Thanks in advance!